Đề Thi Tiếng Anh Ngân Hàng Trắc Nghiệm
Trong bài viết này, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn những đề thi tiếng anh ngân hàng hay để giúp bạn ôn luyện thật tốt. Hãy theo dõi nhé.
Xem video của KISS English về cách học từ vựng siêu tốc và nhớ lâu tại đây nhé:
Ngày nay, phần lớn các ngành nghề luôn có sự đòi hỏi cao về ngoại ngữ, và ngành ngan hàng cũng vậy. Trong bài viết hôm nay, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn những đề thi tiếng anh ngân hàng hay để giúp bạn ôn luyện thật tốt.
Đề Thi Tiếng Anh Ngân Hàng Trắc Nghiệm
Choose the best answer
1. Banks provide a place for you to keep your non – cash items, which is also known as………
b)Safe deposit boxes
d)None of these
2. Exchanging goods and services without using money is ………
d)None of these
3. When using the Net Present Value method to assess a project, that project will be accepted if:
a) NPV equals to initial investment
b)NPV < 0, but the minimum Internal Rate of Return (IRR) equals to deposit interest
c)NPV > 0
d)All the above answers are wrong
4. The benefit of diversifying investment is
a)Reducing risk of the set of investment assets
b)Increasing the estimated rate of profit against each assets
c)Reducing risk ofeach asset
d)Increasing the profit rate of the set of assets
e)All above answers are wrong
f) All above answers are correct
5. Company B is granted a loan of 600 millions VND by a bank to make payment for buying materials in favour of company D which has an account with that Bank. When entries for this transaction are posted, how will the Accounting Balance sheet change?
a) Liabilities increase, assets increase
b) Liabilities increase, assets decrease
c) Both liabilities and assets remain unchanged
6. Company A had a bank loan of VND 50 millions. At maturity, there’s only 30
millions VND on company A’s account. Bank account debited 30 millions VND
from the account. The rest was put ino non-paid load interest of the customer. Two entries in turn are:
a)An off-balance sheet entry, an on-balance sheet entry
b)Off-balance sheet entries
c)On-balance sheet entries
d)None of above answers is correct
7. Equity capital
a) Is the capital of corporate owners excluding payment guarantee
b) Is the capital of corporate owners and contributed investors or from business
results. Then equity capital is not a debt.
c) Is the real fund available during the business and producing process of the corporate.
d) None of above answers is correct.
8. In Bank loan, Customer and the Bank can agree the grace period in credit contract. That is:
a) Time for withdrawing loan amount
b) A specific period in loan term that the Customer has to pay the interest, not the principal.
c) A specific period in loan term that the Customer does not have to pay the principal,
d) None of above answers are correct
9. Which of the following has a service charge or fee for use?
a) Stop payment order
b) Certified check
c) Bounced check/check returned for insufficient funds
d) All of the above answers
10. On money loaned, banks charge ………
a)More interest than what they pay on amounts in saving accounts.
b)Less interest than what they pay on amounts in saving accounts.
c)The same interest that what they pay on amounts in saving accounts.
d)Nothing in saving accounts.
11.Which of the following is good cheque writing practice?
a)Never cross out any part of your cheque
b)Never date the cheque with a future date
c) Never leave any blank lines on your cheque
d)All of the above answers
12.What is the most important theoretical concept behind the effectiveness of fiscal policy?
a) The interest rate
b) The money multiplier
c) The price level
d) The credit card
13. If the Fed increases the federal funds interest rate, banks are money likely to do what?
a) Hold fewer reservers
b) Hold no reservers
c) Hold more reservers
d) Hold 100% reservers
14. What body or agency prints money?
a) The Fed
b) The public
c) The private sector
d) The treasury
15. Which of the following is not directly controlled under the US central banking system?
a) The money supply
b) The interest rate
c) The money demand
16. A documentary credit for USD 120,000.00 calls for shipment of fertiliser in
February, March, April and May. Each shipment is to be for about 500 tonnes. Shipment was effected as follows:
a) 450 tonnes sent 24 February for value USD 27,000.00.
b) 550 tonnes sent 12 April for value USD 33,000.00.
c) 460 tonnes sent 30 April for value USD 28,000.00.
d) 550 tonnes sent 04 June for value USD 33,000.00.
17. Which of the above ship ments will be honoured on presentation?
a) 1 only.
b) 1 and 3 only.
c) 2 and 4 only.
d) 1, 2 and 3 only.
18. In accordance with ISP98, which of the following statements is correct? The issuer of a standby letter of credit MUST:
a) Validate the breach of any underlying transaction.
b) Ensure the accuracy of any documents presented.
c) Ensure the genuineness of any documents presented.
d) Honour presentations that appear on their face to comply.
19. An issuer of a standby credit subject to ISP98 is responsible for:
a)accuracy of any document.
b)act of omission by the nominated bank.
c)observance of law as stated in the standby.
d)performance of any underlying transactions.
20. A reimbursing bank has received a valid claim under its reimbursement
undertaking and is instructed by the issuing bank NOT to honour the claim. In
accordance with the URR525, the reimbursing bank should:
a) request the claiming bank to cancel the claim.
b) instruct the claiming bank to contact the beneficiary.
c) honour the claim and debit the issuing bank’s account.
d) dishonour the claim as per the issuing bank’s instruction.
21. An importer requires goods of a stipulated quality while
the exporter requires certainty of payment. Which of the following would BEST meet all requirements?
a) Confirmed standby credit payable on demand calling for beneficiary’s quality
b) Confirmed documentary credit payable at sight calling for be
c) Confirmed documentary credit available by acceptance with drafts drawn on
confirming bank calling for third party quality certificate.
d) Unconfirmed documentary credit payable at sight with drafts on issuing bank
calling for third party quality certificate.
22. A German bank has added its confirmation to a documentary credit issued by a
Turkish bank. Which of the following risks is NOT borne by the confirming bank?
a) Fraud by the beneficiary.
b) Insolvency of the issuing bank.
c) Refusal of the issuing bank to pay against complying documents.
d) Government restrictions on funds transfer from the issuing bank.
23. Which of the following can be combined under a credit available with and
requiring a draft drawn on an issuing bank?
b) Deferred payment.
e) a and b only.
f) a and c only.
g) b and c only.
h) c and d only.
24. In accordance with UCP 600, which of the following terms may NOT be altered on a transferred documentary credit? The:
b) required documents.
c) period for presentation.
d) amount of insurance cover.
25. A cumulative revolving documentary credit is opened with six months validity and
allowing for USD 25,000.00 to be drawn each month. If only the first month’s
shipment is effected in full, what is the available amount in the fourth month?
d)USD 100,000.00. CDCS sample test
26. A documentary credit which allows partial shipments has the following shipment
a)1,000 units shipped between 01 June XXXX and 30 June XXXX
b)2,000 units shipped between 01 July XXXX and 31 July XXXX
c)2,000 units shipped between 01 August XXXX and 31 August XXXX
d)3,000 units shipped between 01 September XXXX and 30 September XXXX
The beneficiary shipped the goods and presented documents as follows:
a)1,000 units shipped on 15 June XXXX documents presented on 30 June XXXX
b)3,000 units shipped on 15 July XXXX and presented on 28 July XXXX
c)2,000 units shipped on 31 July XXXX and presented on 15 August XXXX
d)3,000 units shipped on 15 September XXXX and presented on 30
Which of the above sets of documents are complying?
A. 1 only.
B. 3 only.
C. 1 and 4 only.
D. 1, 2 and 4 only.
27. In accordance with UCP 600, which of the following
alterations can a first beneficiary request a transferring bank to make under a transferable documentary credit?
a) Extend the expiry date.
b) Decrease the unit price.
c) Decrease insurance cover.
d) Extend the period for shipment.
28. A transferable credit can do which of the following?
a) Protect the applicant from the risks of loss and error.
b) Allow the second beneficiary to obtain payment for complying documents.
c) Restrict the right of the second beneficiary to claim payment directly from the nominated bank.
d) Permit the supplier to provide the intermediary trader with the security of a documentary credit.
29. A documentary credit calls for a
draft at 95 days bill of lading date drawn on the
confirming bank. The documentary credit is available by:
30. A documentary credit pre-advice is issued on 1 March for USD 510,000.00 with the following terms and conditions:
Part shipment allowed.
Latest shipment date 30 April.
Expiry date 15 May.
On 2 March the applicant requests an amendment prohibiting part shipment and extending the expiry date to 30 May. In accordance with UCP 600 what MUST the issuing bank do?
a)Clarify with the applicant the period for presentation.
b)Issue the documentary credit as originally instructed.
c)Issue the documentary credit incorporating all the amendments.
d)Issue the documentary credit incorporating only the extended expiry date.
31. On 03 January XXXX an irrevocable documentary credit for USD 500,000.00 is confirmed. On 17 January XXXX the confirming bank receives an amendment cancelling the documentary credit which it advises to the beneficiary. As at 18 January XXXX, what is the liability of both banks?
a)Issuing and confirming bank–USD 0.00.
b)Issuing and confirming bank USD 500,000.00.
c)Issuing bank–USD 0.00 Confirming bank–USD 500,000.00.
d)Issuing bank–USD 500,000.00 Confirming bank–USD 0.00.
32. Which of the following statements is correct when an assignment of proceeds has been effected under a documentary credit issued in accordance with UCP 600?
a)The assignee must present complying documents to receive payment.
b)The assignee will receive payment of the proceeds directly from the applicant.
c)The value of the documentary credit is reduced by the amount of the assignment.
d)The beneficiary has assign edits rights to the stated amount of proceeds to the assignee.
33. An applicant has given its counter indemnity to its bankers in connection with a delivery order. Which of the following statements would NOT be included?
a) indemnifies the bank against all actions, damages and costs.
b) undertakes to accept the underlying documents irrespective of discrepancies.
c) gives the issuing bank authority to debit its account for the full value pending inspection of the goods.
d) und ertakes that should the goods form part of a large consignment it will accept that consignment and pay the full value.
34. A documentary credit is issued for an amount of GBP 60,000.00 and calls for drafts to be drawn at 30 days fro m bill of lading date. Documents have been presented with a bill of lading dated 09 November XXXX. Which of the following tenors on the draft will NOT be acceptable?
a) 09 December XXXX.
b) 30 days from bill of lading date.
c) 30 days after 09 November XXXX.
d) 30 days date, draft dated 09 November XXXX.
35. Which of the following documents MUST be signed?
a) Packing list.
b) Certificate of origin.
c) Commercial invoice.
d) Weight specification.
36. A credit requires an ‘invoice’ without further definition. Which of the following MUST be considered a discrepancy?
a) Presentation of a document identified as a tax invoice.
b) An invoice which is not signed.
c) An invoice made out in a different currency to the credit.
d) An invoice issued
37. What is the name of the document that an exporter receives from the shipping company when goods have been placed on board the ship?
b) bill of lading
c) certificate of origin
d) bill of exchange
38. A documentary letter of credit is opened at the request of one of your customers. Is the customer:
a) the exporter
b) the beneficiary
c) the importer
d) the drawer
Đề Thi Tiếng Anh Ngân Hàng Vietcombank
SECTION 1: Language usage (30 marks):
Circle the correct answer
1. In the long term ……….. is due to increase in the price of raw materials. This is the situation where prices rise to keep up with increased production cost.
2. In a accordance with our usual terms, payment will be by …………This is a letter from a bank authorizing payment of a certain sum to a person or a company.
b. banker’s draft
c. letter of credit
d. cash on delivery
3. We enclose our ……….., which is a formal request for payment.
c. commercial invoice
d. bill of lading
4. The industry and construction ……….. is facing difficulties due to low efficiency and competitiveness.
5. It is complained that the Telephone and Post Communicatios Company is operating in a very favourable environment without any ………..
6. We are proud of the very high level of services we offer and are accustomed to organizing conferences ……….. two thousand delegates.
a. out of to
b. of up to
c. from up to
d. up from to
7. Sofitel Plaza Hotel has an excellent range of facilities and no doubt you will be aware ………. the fact that the local area is rich in cultural interest.
a. for b. to c. of d. about
8. When we receive your bank confirmation of L/C, your order will be made ………..
a. for b. over c. up d. with
9. Impex is an international company which deals ………. a wide variety of goods.
a. for b. in c. of d. about
10. A fall in prices can result in serious difficulties to many producers and may cause them to go ……….. business completely.
c. out of
11. The MD asked Mr. Green ………..
a. that he had finished the report
b. whether he had finished the report
c. had she finished the report
d.if had he finished the report
12. The MD also wanted to know ………….
a. when Mr. Green will submit that report
b. when would Mr. Green submit the report
c. when will Mr. Green submit the report
d. when Mr. Green would submit the report
13. Would you like ………. coffee? Yes, please.
14. The goods in this catalogue are of …………. excellent value. I am going to order some.
15. The Sales&Marketing Department will be divided into two …………, a new Management Services Department will be created.
16. …………the launch date is due, the new product is not ready yet. So, the shopfloor workers are working hard now.
d. Inspite of
17. Fluctuation in exchange rates causes instability. …….., it makes forecasting more difficult.
a. In addition
c. In order that
d. So that
18. Producing new software is not necessarily expensive, ……… innovations in computer hardware certainly involve massive costs.
19. Mr. Green , …………..is an experienced businessman is very eager to expand his business in the Middle East.
d. b & c
20. One of the accidents they had was pretty serious. A workman ………..20 feet above the ground when he suddenly fell.
a. was working
c. has been working
d. has worked
21. The number of overseas Vietnamese going home ……… by 8.9% this year.
b. is increasing
c. has increased
22. The Bank’s loan terms are better than those on hire purchase, so I …… ……… the bank loans.
a. am choosing
b. had chosen
c. was choosing
d. will be choosing
23. My boss has come in and ………. you in a few minutes.
a. would see
b. has seen
c. will see
d. is going to see
24. Next week, John is going home for Christmas. He hopes his family ………….. at the airport.
a. will have waited
b. have been waiting
c. will be waiting
d. are waiting
25. Could you tell Mr. Blake that Mr. Ali is here? He ………. me.
a. will expect
b. was expecting
c. is expecting
d. has expected
Complete each sentence with the correct from of the word in brackets.
26. (BENEFIT) The new salary scheme is ……….to all staff.
27. (COMMERCE) Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest ……. center in the country.
28. (RELATIVE) The risk of investing in durable goods is ……..low.
29. (VARY) Prices have not shown much …………this year.
30. (MANAGE) Good …………should be capable of leading as well as managing.
SECTION 2: Language use (70 marks)
2.1 Choose ONE suitable word for each sentences from the list below (20 marks)
measurable ~~~deteriorate ~~~goods ~~~money
factors ~~~ payments ~~~ decrease ~~~ production
capital ~~~ economy ~~~ resources ~~~ companies
value ~~~ available ~~~ risk
1. As they ……… easily, perishables must be placed on the market as quickly as possible.
2. Foreign direct investment(FDI) has significantly contributed to the performance of the ……….
3. FDI projects account for 12% of GDP and 35% of industrial ……….
4. More than 2,500 FDI projects have been licensed with a total ……… of 40 billion dollars.
5. Economics studies how society uses its scarce ………… to produce goods and services.
6. Money is used to save for the future; it is a store of ………….
7. Providing capital for a business always involves an element of …………
8. Entrepreneurs control and co-ordinate various ………. of production.
9. The econnomist is only interested in services which are ………… in terms of money.
10. Changes in prices result in changes in the quantity of a particular commodity ………… to consumers.
2.2. Reading comprehension (30 marks)
Read the passage below and then do the tasks that follow
It seems easy to say that you are employed if you work for somebody else and you are self – employed if you work for yourself! But life isn’t quite so simple. Being self-employed is not restricted to people who run their own business, in the physical sense of owning property and stock and perhaps employing their own staff. A great number of people work from home in a wide range of occupations and many of them are classed as self-employed. Examples are the hairdresser who has set up shop in one room of the house, the freelance book-keeper who does the accounts for other small businesses, the woman who holds clothing or Tupperware parties, and the artist who takes on freelance work from various publishing companies.
People who work on a freelance basic “hire out” their skills to anyone who will pay them. A freelance photographer, for instance, may either be contracted to do a specific job for a newspaper or may even take photographs of events on the change that he/she can sell them.
The number of people in Britain who are classed as self-employed rose by 52% between 1981 and 1991 from 2.2 million to 3.3 million people – and most of them work on their own (i.e. they do not employ other people) in many cases these are people who have been faced with redundancy and who have used their savings or their redundancy payments, or taken advantages of one of the government schemes to set up on their own.
Circle the correct answer
11. Which of the following suggestions is a suitable title for the passage?
a. Self – employment
b. Employed or self – employed?
c. The UK employment market
d. Types of employment
12. A self-employed person
a. has to carry out instructions
b. works for several employers
c. is paid a wage or salary
d. is own employer
13. The passage suggests
a. The pattern of employment is not varied in the UK
b. If you are in a job, you will have it forever.
c. It is standard practice for many people in the UK to leave school and work for themselves.
d. In the UK people can either have the opportunity or the finances to start in business for themselves
What does each of the following underlined word/phrase refer to?
14. “……..and many of them are classed as self-employed.” (Paragraph 1)
15. “by 52% between 1981 and 1991 from 2.2 million to 3.3 million people – and most of them work on their own.” (paragraph 3)
Which words in the passage mean the following?
17. to classify ………..
18. state of being no longer needed for any available jobs ……..
Fill in each blank with ONE suitable word from the passage
19. ……………..becomes more popular among mothers of young children as they don’t have to work the standard 8 a.m to 5 p.m a day.
20 . Self – employed may ………..other people to help them with their business.
2.3. Writing (20 marks)
Read this invitation card and write a short description of the Book Fair for a brochure
- INVITATION TO 2002 BOOK FAIR
- Youth Cultural Centre
- Exhibition of Books in Vietnamese and foreign languages
- Free copies of catalogues
- Free use of Internet
Trên đây là tất cả những đề thi tiếng Anh ngân hàng hay mà KISS English đã chọn lọc ra để chia sẻ cho các bạn. Hy vọng bài viết này phù hợp và bổ ích với bạn. Chúc bạn có một buổi học vui vẻ và hiệu quả.