30 Đề Thi Vào Lớp 10 Môn Tiếng Anh (2022)
Trong bài viết này, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn 30 đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh. Hãy theo dõi nhé.
Xem video của KISS English về cách học từ vựng siêu tốc và nhớ lâu tại đây nhé:
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho kì thi vào lớp 10, luyện đề là một phần quan trọng, vừa giúp các bạn nắm cấu trúc đề thi, vừa Trong bài viết này, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn 30 đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh.
30 Đề Thi Vào Lớp 10 Môn Tiếng Anh
Listen to what the students say and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to fill in the blank.
Tra: 1. There‘s an extensive ________ of artifacts tracing Viet Nam‘s history.
A. collection B. demonstration C. gathering D. keeping
2. It‘s also near Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter, so you can spend time looking around and exploring Vietnamese ________.
A. tradition B. culture C. literature D. arts
Nam: 3. I‘m fascinated by traditional ________.
A. arts B. handicrafts C. artifacts D. culture
4. My friend‘s relatives live there and they own a ________.
A. shop B. bookshop C. workshop D. workplace
Hoa: 5. There are lots of trees from different ________ , a lake, and a small hill.
A. countries B. nations C. cities D. places
6. Sometimes I just sit on the bench, watching people dancing or playing _______.
A. games B. badminton C. sports D. volleyball
Listen to Nick talking to Mrs. Ha and choose the correct answer to each of the following questions.
7. What type of family did Mrs. Ha live in?
A. small family
B. extended family
C. one-parent family
D. nuclear family
8. What did people in her family share?
9. Why were meal times great?
A. Because they could have time together every day.
B. Because they could eat.
C. Because they didn‘t have to work
D. Because they had free time then.
10. What was her grandma like?
A. She was helpful
B. She was very hardworking
C. She was very old
D. She was humorous
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
11. A. curly B. bury C. hurt D. nurse
12. A. recommended B. enjoyed C. recognized D. arrived
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
13. A. event B. behave C. surprise D. damage
14. A. impossible B. academic C. optimistic D. education
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
15. I sometimes wish that I will have another car.
A B C D
16. Your friends went to your native village last weekend, weren‘t they?
A B C D
17. I asked him how far was it to the station if I went there by taxi.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
18. She asked me where I _______ from.
A. come B. came C. to come D. coming
19._________ John‘s mother‘s birthday, he made her a big cake.
A. In B.X C. At D. On
20. She will get good marks if she _________ hard
A. studies B. studied C. study D. studying
21. My mum ________ to her hometown recently.
A. didn‘t return B doesn‘t return C. hasn‘t returned D. returned
22. You should avoid ________ chocolate if you want to keep fit.
A. to eat B.eat C. eating D.ate
23. After he __________ his homework, he went to bed.
A. finishes B. finished C. has finished D. had finished
24. If she ________ harder, she ________ get higher marks.
A. worked/ will B. works/ would C. worked/ could D. worked/ can
25. You have read this article on the website, __________?
A. haven’t you B. do you C. have you D. did you
26. My brother doesn‘t have an iPhone. He wishes he________ one.
A. has B. have C. had D. will have
27. Lan got up late, __________ she couldn‘t catch the first bus.
A. as B. so C. when D. then
28. She suggested __________ to the beach for a change.
A. go B. to go C. going D. goes
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
29. Nam: I‘ve just finished my painting. Look! Tam: ―_________ ―
A. How cool! B. I wish I could do it
C. Wow, I can‘t imagine that. D. Sure
30. Jane: – Congratulation! You have got high marks in the last term.‖ Mary:―_________‖ A. Really? Never say so. B. I‘d love to say so.
C. It is kind of you to say so. D. You‘re welcome.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word in each of the following questions.
31. His school is located in the mountainous area.
A. lain B. stood C. situated D. stayed
32. There are some drawbacks in the city life nowadays.
A. bad B. advantage C. good D. disadvantages
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
33. The church is quite an ancient building.
A. old B. fresh C. historic D. modern
34. She”s been trying to find a good job in the city and she”s finally succeeded.
A. stopped B. failed C. lost D. managed
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Over the last century, there have been many significant changes in the way we live. Obviously, it is difficult to (35)………..the life of ancient people and the life of the people living in the twenty- first century because so many changes have occurred Even the changes that have (36)… over the last ten years are amazing.
People in the past were not (37)………… to travel so long distance within such a short period of time. Nowadays, we have become very mobile. We have fast and comfortable cars. In addition, more and more people travel by plane. Moreover, in the past people had to work harder as they did not have (38)……… and machine to make their work easier.
35. A. compare B. suppose C. predict D. discuss
36. A. considered B. expressed C. occurred D. arranged
37. A. capable B. able C. might D. use
38. A. rules B. ideas C. tools D. teams
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Package holidays, covering a two weeks” stay in an attractive location are increasingly popular, because they offer an inclusive price with few extras. Once you get to the airport, it is up to the tour operator to see that you get safely to your destination. Excursions, local entertainment, swimming, sunbathing, skiing – you name it – it”s all laid on for you. There is, in fact, no reason for you to bother anything yourselves. You make friends and have a good time, but there is very little chance that you will really get to know the local people. This is even less likely on a coach tour, when you spend almost your entire time travelling. Of course, there are carefully scheduled stops for you to visit historic buildings and monuments, but you will probably be allowed only a brief stay overnight in some famous city, with a polite reminder to be up and breakfasted early in time for the coach next morning. You may visit the beautiful, the historic, the ancient, but time is always at your elbow. There is also the added disadvantage of being obliged to spend your holiday with a group of people you have never met before, may not like and have no reasonable excuse for getting away from. As against this, it can be argued that for many people, particularly the lonely or elderly, the feeling of belonging to a group, although for a short period on holiday, is an added bonus.
They can sit safely back in their seat and watch the world go by.
39. In spite of its disadvantages, spending a holiday with a group is particularly good for ____
A. schoolboys and schoolgirls
B. the lonely or elderly people
C. newly married young couples
D. those who always travel by themselves
40. “Time is always at your elbow.” This means ___________________
A.your time always is limited when visiting a place
B. your time is always limited when visiting a place
C. you can take your time visiting a place
D. you can take your time visiting a place
41. When you go on a package holiday, you don”t have to__________
A. arrange anything yourself
B. pay for any extra activities
C. follow the tour schedules
D. travel in an organised group
42. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. A coach tour is always exhausting.
B. You are constantly on the move when you are on a coach tour.
C. You get no chance to visit historic buildings in famous cities on a coach tour.
D. You don”t get enough sleep on a coach tour.
Mark letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to the original sentence in each of the following questions.
43. Study hard or you will fail the exam.
A. You don‘t fail the exam unless you study har
B. If you don‘t study hard, you will fail the exam.
C. You don‘t study hard, so you will fail the exam.
D. Because you study hard, you don‘t fail the exam.
44. My school has no playground equipment or extra activities.
A. I wish my school had had playground equipment or extra activities.
B. I wish my school had playground equipment or extra activities.
C. I wish my school can have playground equipment or extra activities.
D. I wish my school will have playground equipment or extra activities.
45. Children are allowed to have a voice in decision-making in the family. We are pleased about that.
A. We are pleased about children are allowed to have a voice in decision-making in the family.
B. We are pleased that children are allowed to have a voice in decision-making in the family.
C. We are pleased that children allowed to have a voice in decision-making in the family.
D. We are pleased for children to be allowed to have a voice in decision-making in the family.
46. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.
A. In spite his broken leg, he managed to get out of the car.
B. In spite of his broken leg, he managed to get out of the car.
C. In spite his leg broken, he managed to get out of the car.
D. In spite of his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.
47. They reported that the troops were coming.
A. It had been reported that the troops were coming.
B. It was being reported that the troops were coming.
C. It was reported that the troops to be coming.
D. It was reported that the troops were coming.
48. “What time did you come home last night, Mark?” said Tom.
A. Tom asked Mark what time had he come home the previous night.
B. Tom asked Mark what time he had come home last night.
C. Tom asked Mark what time he came home last night.
D. Tom asked Mark what time he had come home the previous night.
49. Did you always eat sweets when you were small?
A. Were you use to eat sweets when you were small?
B. Did you used to eat sweets when you were small?
C. Were you used to eat sweets when you were small?
D. Did you use to eat sweets when you were small?
50. We last visited Ho Chi Minh city 3 years ago.
A. We didn‘t visit Ho Chi Minh city for 3 years.
B. We haven‘t visited Ho Chi Minh city for 3 years
C. We haven‘t visited Ho Chi Minh city for 3 years ago.
D. We didn‘t visit Ho Chi Minh city for 3 years go.
Listen and fill in the blank with the correct answer A, B, C or D.
1. Her office is ______ km away but it takes her two hours to get there by car every day.
A. seven B. seventeen C. twenty seven D. seventy
2. ―Some cities have problems with ______ , crime, or bad weather – here we have traffic
jams,‖ she says.
A. smoke B. pollution C. accidents D. poverty
3. Before going to the office, she has to take her children to school – so she sets off at _____ A. 4.30 am B. 5 am C. 6 am D. 7 am
4. In the evening the traffic is even ______ .
A. good B. bad C. better D. worse
5. Traffic moves in the city centre at ________ an hour
A. half a kilometre B. one kilometre C. two kilometres D. three kilometres
6. The Skytrain and metro can help a bit, but they are ________ in range and don‘t cover all
parts of the city.
A. restricted B. rare C. small number D. limited
Listen to what a tourist say about Ha Long Bay and choose the correct answer to each of
the following questions.
7. Where is Ha Long Bay situated?
A. In the northeast region of Viet Nam
B. In the southeast region of Viet Nam
C. In the South of Viet Nam
D. In the North of Viet Nam
8. What does Ha Long Bay look like?
A. a picture
B. a work of art
C. a great flower
D. a beautiful girl
9. How many islands does Ha Long Bay have?
10. It is now known that _______.
A. People lived in Ha Long a long time ago
B. Nobody lived in Ha Long
C. Many animals lived in Ha Long
D. Ha Long was one of the places where humans first existed
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced
differently front that of the rest in each of the following questions.
11. A. oceanic B. remote C. occasion D. metro
12. A. festival B. cultural C. sculpture D. virtual
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the
position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
13.A. external B. determine C. mysterious D. customer
14.A. miraculous B. individual C. certificate D. astronomy
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each
of the following questions.
15. Now that the stress of examinations are over, we can go somewhere for our holiday.
A B C D
16. The English summer course will start in May 29th and finish in August.
A BC D
17. There were so a lot of people trying to leave the burning building that the police
A B C
had a great deal of trouble controlling them.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following
18.The earthworm is a worm _______in moist, warm soil in many geographical areas.
A. where is it found B. is found
C. and found it D. which is found
19.Our flight from Amsterdam to London was delayed the heavy fog.
A. as a result B. on account C. instead of D. due to
20. It is_______ to translate each lesson into your language. This is not a good way to study
A. productive B. unproductive C. producing D. unproducing
21. A good clock always keeps_______ time.
A. certain B. accurate C. true D. serious
22. It seems that the world record for this event is almost impossible to_______.
A. meet B. compare C. beat D. balance
23. The soldier was punished for_______ to obey his commanding officer’s order.
A. refusing B. regretting C. objecting D. resisting
24. It is believed that she’ll be a billionaire by the time she_______ forty.
A. is B. was C. will be D. would be
25. Some of the passengers spoke to reporters about their_______ in the burning bus.
A. occasion B. happening C. event D. experience
26. _______the rise in unemployment, people still seem to be spending more.
A. Nevertheless B. Meanwhile C. Despite D. Although
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the
27. – ―I think you’ve taken my bag by mistake.‖ – ―_______‖
A. What a shame! B. Pardon? C. I’m so sorry. D. Have I?
28. – ―May I have something to drink, please?‖ – ―_______‖
A. Yes, of course. Help yourself. B. Of course you may.
C. Why do you have to ask? D. You must help others too.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the
underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
29. The Internet is available only in cities and towns, so we cannot easily get access to it in
A. visiting B. existing C. safe D. helpful
30. The naughty boy was scolded for breaking the neighbour’s window yesterday.
A. told off B. complimented C. caught D. taken care of
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the
underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
31. The Ministry of Health is carrying out a health project for the poor in mountainous
regions and rural areas.
A. urban B. mountainous C. suburban D. coastal
32. Our children must attend some acceptable school during the years of compulsory
A. advisory B. inspirational C. commercial D. voluntary
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word
that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
People enjoy living in large cities. But cities have problems. One problem is that they
frequently grow very rapidly. Transportation (33) _______ complicated. There are a lot of
cars, buses and bicycles. As a result, people are trying to improve the big cities, and they are
also planning for new cities. Plan A is a large city (34) _______ smaller cities around it.
There is an open land with trees, fields, and lakes between the large city and smaller cities.
Each small city is (35) _______. It has offices, schools, hospitals, and places of entertainment. In Plan B the cities are (36) _______by a road. In Plan c, the cities are in rings around the central city and all of them are connected to each other. The goal of all these plans is to limit the (37) _______of the large city.
33. A. becomes B. returns C. happens D. develops
34. A. in B. for C. withD. at
35. A. entire B. finished C. totalD. complete
36. Ạ. chain B. connected C. attached D. fastened
37. A. progress B. growth C. movement D. improvement
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer
to each of the questions.
It is often considered that the schoolyard is where bullies go to make other kids a
miserable school life, but a new study suggests that classrooms are another popular place.
The study, presented recently at the American Public Health Association’s yearly meeting in
Philadelphia, is based on the results of the research from more than 10,000 middle school
students who answered questions online.
Of those researched, 43% said they’d been physically bullied within the last month. A
bit more than half said they had been laughed at in an unfriendly way, and half reported
being called hurtful names. About one third said groups had excluded them to hurt their
feelings. 28% said their belongings had been taken or broken; 21% said someone had
threatened to hurt them. According to the results, two-thirds of the students said they had
been bullied in more than one way over the previous month.
The study authors mentioned that 8% of the students who answered said they had
missed school at least once during the school year because of fear of being bullied. 25% said they had taken other actions, such as missing recess, not going to the bathroom or lunch, missing classes, or staying away from some area of the school to escape from experiencing a bully. Bullies did too much to the school life.
38. Bullies can happen in the following places EXCEPT_______.
A. schoolyards B. classrooms C. bathrooms D. teachers’ offices
39. The underlined phrase „„laughed at” in the passage is closest in meaning to_______
A. made fun of B. smiled nicely
C. shouted at D. looked after well
40. Which of the following might some students do to protect themselves from bullies?
A. They miss school. B. They call their parents for help,
C. They try to hurt others. D. They break others’ belongings.
41. How does the writer feel about bullies at school?
A. Excited B. Disappointed C. Worried D. Puzzled
42. Which of the following is probably the best title for the passage?
A. Bad School Life B. Bullies at School
C. Fear at School D. School Problems
Mark letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in
meaning to the original sentence in each of the following questions.
43. I have not met her for three years.
A. The last time I met her was three years ago.
B. It is three years when I will meet her.
C. I did not meet her three years ago.
D. During three years, I met her once.
44.”How beautiful is the dress you have just bought!” Peter said to Mary.
A. Peter promised to buy Mary a beautiful dress.
B. Peter said thanks to Mary for her beautiful dress.
C. Peter complimented Mary on her beautiful dress.
D. Peter asked Mary how she had just bought her beautiful dress.
45. Barry continued to smoke even though we had advised him to quit.
A. Barry took our advice so he stopped smoking.
B. If we had advised Barry, he would have quit smoking.
C. Barry did not quit smoking because of our advice.
D. Despite being told not to smoke, Barry continued to do.
46. Many people think Steve stole the money.
A. It was not Steve who stole the money.
B. Steve is thought to have stolen the money.
C. Many people think the money is stolen by Steve.
D. The money is thought to be stolen by Steve.
47. Even though it was raining heavily, the explorers decided to continue their journey.
A. It rained so heavily that the explorers could not continue their journey.
B. The explorers put off their journey due to the heavy rain.
C. The heavy rain could not prevent the explorers from continuing their journey.
D. If it had rained heavily, the explorers would not have continued their journey.
48. He cannot afford a new computer.
A. The new computer is so expensive that he cannot buy it.
B. Therefore, he would buy a new computer.
C. So, he would buy a new computer.
D. The new computer is so expensive but he can buy it.
49. The roads were slippery because it snowed heavily.
A. It snowed too heavily to make the roads slippery.
B. The heavy snow prevented the roads from-being slippery.
C. Thanks to the slip of the roads, it snowed heavily.
D. The heavy snow made the roads slippery.
50. You‟d better take a taxi; it was raining hard outside
A. You‘d better take a taxi in case it was raining
B. She advised us to take a taxi because it was raining outside
C. She gave us a lift because it was raining heavily
D. She didn‘t lend us any raincoats but a taxi
30 Đề Thi Vào Lớp 10 Môn Tiếng Anh PDF
Dưới đây là một số link PDF các đề thi lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh, các bạn tham khảo nhé.
Đề cương ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17KTLHFU-vnPvaIbOxLNQjoQ1zsZ4Hj_l/view
Trên đây là 30 đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh hay và chọn lọc mà KISS English muốn chia sẻ với bạn. Hy vọng bài viết này hay và bổ ích với các bạn. Chúc các bạn có thời gian vừa học vừa chơi vui vẻ cùng những câu đố bằng tiếng Anh.